Friday, April 10, 2009

Commemorate the Sacrifice of God

pray
Jesus had finished praying for himself, his disciples, and for all believers. He then went into an olive grove.


arrest
Judas came to the grove, guiding a detachment of soldiers and some officials from the chief priests and Pharisees. They were carrying torches, lanterns and weapons.


After Jesus was questioned by Annas, Caiaphas and Herod, they then brought Him to Pontius Pilate.


pilate
"It was your people and your chief priests who handed you over to me. What is it you have done?"

"My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.

Jesus answered,"You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

"What is truth?" Pilate asked.


Pilate went out to the Jews and said, "I find no basis for a charge against him."


Photobucket
Do you want me to release 'the king of the Jews'?"
They shouted back, "No, not him! Give us Barabbas!"



sad
roman soldier
"Hail, king of the Jews!" said the Roman soldiers.


crucify him!
Chief priests and their officials shouted, "Crucify! Crucify!"


"Here is your king," Pilate said to the Jews.

But they shouted, "Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!"

"Shall I crucify your king?" Pilate asked.

"We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered.


wash hand
Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified.


fall
carry the cross
So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. Carrying his own cross, he went out to Calvary.



Photobucket

leg nailed
Here they crucified him,


put on cross
3 cross
and with him two others—one on each side and Jesus in the middle.


it is finished
Jesus said, "It is finished."


bow
With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.


He was crushed for our inquities,
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his stripes we are healed.


Jesus love you
Jesus Love You....

No comments:

Post a Comment