Wednesday, December 23, 2009

No, I do not need a friend today

This is probably one of the most weird blogging title I have ever put, but trust me, I really mean it.

If Valentine's Day is the day that one must reserve for his/her love partner, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are the days I should reserve for God.

Yes, I mean it....
I DO NOT NEED ANY FRIEND ON CHRISTMAS

This is not a sarcastic statement,
this is not an anger shout-out,
and this is absolutely not a pain testimonial.

What I am saying is,

Christmas is self-contained,
Christmas is self-sufficient.

(JT,2009)

Because the meaning of Christmas is even bigger than the celebration and the day itself.

FACT:
I ask my friends to join me to celebrate Christmas Eve at my church,
many of them have refuse my invitation without even care to give me a reason (or excuse),
I dont mind that.

CLARIFICATION:
I ask my friends to join me, not because I am afraid of being lonely today,
but because I wish they can feel the same happiness of celebrating Christmas like I do.

EMOTIONAL AFFECTION:
If you can attend, ofcourse I will feel happy (for you).
But if you canot attend, that seriously wont spoil my mood or shake my emotion.

As I said,
since Christmas itself is self-contained and self-sufficient,
if you can build a relationship with God in Christmas,
why do you need friend today???

Only lonely people will rushing planning for celebration, find their friends to go party and clubbing here and there.
Because they know, if they do not plan for it, they gonna celebrate Christmas alone.

But the thing is, everytime people talks about 'celebrate Christmas',
what did they mean 'celebrate'?
is there anything to cheer about?
do they really know what to celebrate?

But if you have found the true meaning of Christmas, you dont even need a single companion today.

Years before I have been hanging around with friends in Christmas Eve, not that I am not happy, but well, something incomplete is there, I couldnt describe....

There are many people accompany me, but still, I feel lonely.

But two years back on Christmas Eve I remember, I went to church by myself alone, singing Christmas song and listening to choir.
And I tell you frankly, that was the most memorable Christmas Eve I have ever celebrate.

I feel the satisfaction, I feel the meaning, I feel the joy.
Christmas allow us to feel peace and hope.

Who need a friend today?
Nobody....

From the bottom of my heart,
I wish you all Merry Christmas 2009,

Jesus Love You!!!

4 comments:

  1. i'm spending eve alone with her =) just a simple dinner outside and spend some time with her before she heads to Taiwan. maybe because i do not have a religious commitment to Christmas so i don't feel the meaning as much as my other Christian friends would, but i do know partying hard and fast are really for sad ppl ...

    Merry Christmas JT =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wise enough....haha....
    luckily you understand partying is for lonely people

    Anyway, Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liew Jia Teng, merry christmas and may He be by your side at all times to lead the way. I'm in Seremban with my dad and sis just sitting watching TV. Have a good night and a great new year ahead okies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Szetoo, really appreciate your wishes, wish you Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!!!!
    ~~~yeah~~~

    ReplyDelete