Friday, May 28, 2010

The beginning of Odyssey

365days ago,
I just wake up from my late nap after finish watching Champions League final,
and I realize it's 3pm something.

My family members are coming home,
everyone seems like very busy and ask me has I prepared.

Some of them just finish schooling,
some of them take half day leave,
just because they want to send me to the airport.

For them,
this is a very historic date,
this is the day when they are proud of their son and brother,
seriously I can feel that in my heart.

I've been checking my passport, offer letter, banker draft and cash for the thousand times,
finally I get to put my luggage into my car.

Another huge hand luggage with Kinder Brueno's design is on my lap,
and a heavy laptop bag (wit laptop ofcoz) below my knees.

Ok, let's go.
First thing to do,
contact with my darling weisin.

She is on her way,
good to hear that.

The moment my dad take the exit to highway,
I can feel that my journey has began,
that's why everytime I drive thru that exit I will automatically think back to this moment.

Here I am in KLIA,
oh my luggage is damn heavy wei.

My sister is searching the luggage trolley for me,
I am stunned in the main entrance,
I don't know what to do.

My mum start searching the trolley for me as well,
me standing in the middle with luggage all over my arms,
I cant do anything.

My mind fly away to another place,
I duno where,
I just feel so.....mixed....yet I feel nothing.

When I go in to the terminal,
ya~ Terminal A~
it's all the way to the end.

First person I see is Derique,
the feeling of excitement is getting stronger,
frankly, if you asked me did I ever feel keberatan to say goodbye to my family at that moment,
my answer is NO.

More and more people are coming.
Friends and family are chatting.
Terminal A become our ABC2 territory.

And then I see Wei Sin,
phew.....
my Liverpool journey will be meaningless without her.

Now we are going to the counter,
check in our big luggage,
it's a long long Q,
and we see YuanChin and Seewei together.

Suddenly we realize we should have write down our Full name and contact number in the STA Travel slip, then tie it up to our luggage.
Ok, start to feel nervous ady.

Whatsoever, in the end we are both happy that we can sit together in the first flight to Abu Dhabi.

Ok, family time.
Everyone go to have their 'last supper' with family.

My family choice is KFC,
I got no mood to eat really, but my mum asked me to eat something first just in case.

Then I see Weixiang.
We met in the Q, then dont know why somehow we met in the toilet,
and I look into the mirror,
oh my passport pouch looks like a bra wei...

Ok, dinner time.
Not much of talking, just some regular but sincere advise.

Remember to do this,
remember to do that.

Then I went to candy shop to buy some chocolate and sweets,
there I met Alric,
as usual he did his arm-wrestle style handshake to me,
and I remember he told me that he gonna need a bubble gum during the flight.

Ok, go back to Terminal A.
People start taking picture.

Photobucket
thank you Liew family

Photobucket
our hair were so short, especially Derique and me,
this is absolutely classic!


After that, me and my family went to a quiet place and we start praying.
My sister lead the blessing prayer, how touch.
Glory to the Lord and thanks Lord for guiding me!

Ok ladies,
it is time,
let's move!

People start saying goodbye, hug and kiss.
I saw Weisin family, I saw Aiyin family, I saw See Yeong family, can't recall anymore.
I saw Eugene Yuin Yue Lydia and many many more.

We took the escalator go down,
we turn our head to behind and wave our hands.

Ok, put aside Duty Free Shop incident and fast fwd to the flight.
Here we are with Etihad Airway.

I just realize Paiwah also sit beside me,
how happy.

She is the one who maintain a stable friendship with me for the past four years,
it was so meaningful, it was so special.

Photobucket
Then we played interactive board games on the flight as well.

Photobucket
~This one is even more special~
She is Godsend (to me).


5pm MAS time, Eason Chan sing with me,
~天氣不似如期,但要走,總要飛~


Photobucket
A memorable picture in Abu Dhabi ,
MAS time 12am.


That's all for the emotional 28th May 2009.
Memories in Liverpool to be continued.

1 comment:

  1. owhh...My short hair!
    I can barely look at the pictures of our juniors today, I really feel like flying there immediately, away from my work desk and be there! Liverpool!

    My journey won't be the same without you too! Thanks for the bkt you sent me tat nite =)

    ReplyDelete